Monday

It Takes Too Long (To Learn To Live Alone)

Monday


(This is one of my favorite songs...)

I Leave The House
i Catch The Bus And Go To Work
the Way I Did Before
the Same Routine
most Everyday Except I Guess
i See My Folks Much More

a Year Has Passed
i Thought By Now That I Could Make
a New Life Of My Own
but Habits Are
so Hard To Break
i Think Of You
and I Still Ache
it Takes Too Long To Learn To Live Alone

it's Really Bad
when Friday Comes Before I Know
the Weekend Lies Ahead
the Walks We Took
the Football Games
and When It Rained
how Late We Stayed In Bed

I've Done So Much To Change The House
the Attic's Full Memories I've Known
and Yet when I
turned Out The Lights
i Wait For You To Say Goodnight
it Takes Too Long To Learn To Live Alone

i Go On Dates But When I Do
i'd Always Find
before The Night Is Through
the Same Routine
behind My Smile
i'm Sitting There
comparing Them To You

and In The End It's Always You
i'm Feeling Even More When I Get Home
i Thought That I Was Free Of You
but I Was Wrong I Never Knew
it Takes Too Long To Learn To Live Alone




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line: